Monday, April 18, 2011

Whole Foods Diet Delights

I've often heard complaints about the prices at Whole Foods — some people refer to the store as "Whole Paycheck."

But tonight, I found a great deal tonight on Kettle Brand baked potato chips, which are would be addicting if they weren't so expensive. At my local Smith's store, a 4-ounce bag of these chips is usually $3.49.  The Whole Foods at Trolley Square had them on a special for two bags for $4 -- just $2 each.
I'm in Weight Watchers mode right now, and Kettle Baked are my not-too-guilty pleasure when I have the munchies.  They have 65 percent less fat that regular potato chips, but are made from real slices of potato rather than molded potato mush as other low-fat potato chips seem to be. Each serving also has three grams of  fat, two grams of fiber and 120 calories.  The only problem is that old "betcha can't eat just one" saying. Hard to stop until the whole bag is gone.

How does the Whole Foods price on these chips compare with other stores besides Smith's? I don't know, because I've never been able to find them at other grocery stores where I shop, such as  Harmons, Fresh Market or Bowman's in Kaysville.

I can't say much about the rest of Whole Foods' regular prices, as I don't shop there often enough to really be familiar with them.  But if you're a Kettle Baked fan, stock up now while the sale is on. I did!



No comments: